There are two levels of CPR training. Most volunteers complete the “Layperson” or “Volunteer” CPR/AED class. Medical professionals are required to complete a higher level of training. It is sometimes called “Healthcare Provider CPR”, “Professional Rescuer CPR”, or “BLS (Basic Life Support)”. The cost is $40 per person.
What is the difference? There are high standards for CPR performance. There are more options for the rate of compressions to breaths, based on victim age and circumstances. Oxygen deployment is taught. Use of airways (OPA/NPA) and the bag-valve-mask are taught and practiced. Colorado First Aid usually teaches the professional level CPR class with our Advanced/Wilderness and EMR classes.
CPR training at both the layperson and professional level includes use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Our first aid and CPR classes are fully compliant with current ECC standards and OSHA requirements. Every student works on their own CPR dummy. We continually add new dates, so check our schedule for current classes. Participants will learn how to recognize an emergency, act appropriately, and respond with current first aid and CPR protocols.
- How to act and react in a first aid situation
- Basic life support techniques to provide rescue breathing and compressions
- Use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Practice with both face shields and pocket masks
- Professional protocols for adults, kids, and infants
- Choking procedures
- Heart attack symptoms and immediate care
- How and when to use the recovery positions
- Oxygen equipment and deployment
- Nasopharyngeal airway (NPA)
- Oropharyngeal airway (OPA)
- Bag-valve-mask (BVM)
- CPR with multiple responders
Colorado First Aid would like to schedule more classes. Do you want to host a session? To teach the professional CPR/AED course we need 2 1/2 to 4 hours and will come to your location. Class length is tailored to the audience (first time participants vs. recertification).
Note: We prefer this as a one session class…we have observed participants do not learn as well if this class is broken up into multiple sessions. Trust us on this one! Here is a page to ask a question or request a class for your group.